Accident, Serious Injury or Illness
Emergency where one may be sick or injured. Immediate concern is to aid the sick or injured employee.
Steps of Action:
- Ask the victim if he/she is OK; check for breathing.
- Get someone to call 911 for help.
- Provide first aid/CPR, if trained and if needed. Stay with the victim until emergency response personnel arrive.
- Contact family members.
- Inform Assistant Dean's Office and departmental REI Coordinator.
- Complete accident report form and file in office, if appropriate.