- Tornado Watch: Conditions are favorable for a tornado or severe weather. Make staff aware, but take no action.
- Tornado Warning: Tornado has been sighted; take shelter immediately.
Steps of Action:
- Siren at ABAC should sound.
- Each office will have the weather radio on. Have it programmed for local area.
- Departments will be alerted of a tornado watch and warning by telephone from Facilities Management and Operations or the Assistant Dean's Office.
- If warning is issued, activate phone tree to all buildings and alert personnel to get to designated areas.
- Employees should proceed to their designated positions facing the wall and assume a kneeling position (or sit cross-legged), head down, hands covering head.
- Employees in unsafe locations at the time of the alarm will go to a pre-designated safe location.
- Keep windows closed.
- Remain in a safe location until the danger has passed.