A fire in the building or on the premises requiring the evacuation of the building. For small fires, no larger than a waste basket, attempt to extinguish with a fire extinguisher. For all fires, call 911 and have the fire department respond.
Steps of Action:
- Pull fire alarm, where available and notify FMO.
- Call 911, then notify personnel in surrounding buildings.
- Close all windows and doors to confine fire, if possible. Turn off open flames and lights.
- Evacuate building to assigned places at least 500 feet from building.
- Supervise evacuation and check for injuries.
- Administer first aid, if necessary.
- Call Assistant Dean's Office (386-3338), USDA-ARS office (386-3498) and FMO (386-3337).
- Assign roles to auxiliary persons, as needed.
- Keep access roads open.
- Take head count to include names of staff in the affected building or buildings.
Assistant Dean's Office: 386-3338
USDA-ARS Administrative Office: 386-3498
Facilities Management and Operations: 386-3337
After Hours Campus Security: 391-5060