Tifton campus folks celebrated their own at the annual University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Tifton Campus Awards Ceremony. Plaques were presented along with gifts of appreciation donated by the Griffin Corporation.
Awards and Recognitions presented for FY2001
(Beginning July 1, 2000 — Ending June 30, 2001)
|Senior Scientists||John Baldwin and Al Purvis
|Junior Scientists||Laura Johnson and Ted Webster|
|Technical Support||Cindy Esco, Robert R. Marchant, Jr., Kip McMillan and William (Billy) Mills, III|
|Clerical Support||Linda Atwater and Priscilla Dolney|
Awards of Excellence for Technical and Clerical Support
Priscilla Dolney, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, received the Award of Excellence in Extension Clerical Support. Linda Atwater, Physical Plant, received the Award of Excellence in Research Clerical Support.
Cindy Esco, Education, Communication and Technology, received the Award of Excellence in Extension Technical Support. The recipients for the Awards of Excellence in Research Technical Support were Robert R. Marchant, Jr., Physical Plant; Kip McMillan, Animal and Dairy Science/Field Research Services Unit, and (not pictured) Joel Thad Paulk, Horticulture.
A new category was added this year to include the Research and Education Centers. The Award of Excellence in Research Support at the Research and Education Centers was awarded to William (Billy) Mills, III, Attapulgus Research Farm.
Junior and Senior Scientist Awards
The recipient for the Junior Scientist Extension Award of Excellence was Laura Johnson, 4-H and Youth Specialist, Animal Science.
John Baldwin, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, received the Senior Scientist Extension Award of Excellence.
The Junior Scientist Research Award of Excellence recipient was Ted Webster, Research Agronomist with USDA-ARS in the Crop Protection and Management Research Unit and Adjunct Professor with UGA in the Department of Crop and Soil Sciences.
Al Purvis, Department of Horticulture, received the Senior Scientist Research Award of Excellence.
30 Years of Service
- Benjamin Baldree, Jr. - Crop and Soil Sciences
- Elaine Belk - Entomology
- T. Eddie Sklany - Crop Protection/Crop and Soil Sciences
- Sheran Thompson - Entomology
25 Years of Service
- Ruben Buchanan - Southwest Georgia Experiment Station, Plains
- Darbie Granberry - Horticulture
- Randall Hudson - Emerging Crops and Technologies Center
- Simeon McKeown - Entomology
- Benjamin Mullinix - Experimental Statistics
- Lucy Brooks - Crop and Soil Sciences
- David Jones - Entomology, Statesboro
20 Years of Service
- Gary Gascho - Crop and Soil Sciences
15 Years of Service
- John Beasley - Crop and Soil Sciences
- Dana Cheek - Crop and Soil Sciences/NESPAL
- Carey Cobb - Southeast Georgia Experiment Station, Midville
- C. Priscilla Dolney - Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Janet M. Frazier - Education, Communication and Technology
- George Goodman, Jr. - Physical Plant
- Renae Hall - Physical Plant
- William Mills, III - Attapulgus Research Center
- Nettie Mitchell - Physical Plant
- Ronnie Pines - Southwest Georgia Experiment Station, Plains
- Bruce M. Tucker - Horticulture
- Joe W. West - Animal and Dairy Science
10 Years of Service
- Steve L. Brown - Entomology
- Eric Ray Goodwin - Entomology
- Stacey Kip McMillian - Animal and Dairy Science
- William Shurley, Jr. - Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Thomas Walker - Southwest Georgia Experiment Station, Plains
Pictured are employees with
25 and 30 years of service.