Tifton campus folks celebrated their own April 19, 2017 at the annual University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Tifton Campus Awards Ceremony.
Awards and Recognitions presented for FY2017
(Beginning July 1, 2016 — Ending June 30, 2017)
- Awards for Excellence
- Certificates of Service
- Recent Retirees
- Student Accomplishments
- Special Achievements
Friend of the UGA Tifton Campus Award
Dr. Robert N. Shulstad, Associate Dean for Research, was presented with the 2017 Friend of the UGA Tifton Campus Award.
|Senior Scientist - Research||Baozhu Guo|
|Junior Scientist - Research||Joe Knoll|
|Senior Scientist - Extension||Lenny Wells|
|Technical Support - Senior||Lola Sexton|
|Technical Support - Junior||Tim Richards|
|Service Unit Support||Nate Flader|
|Administrative Support||Glenda Thomas|
|Student Employee||Kory Herrington|
Summer 2016 Graduates
- William C. Burt - Agricultural Education
- Roseanna M. Volz - Agricultural Education
Fall 2016 Graduates
- Matthew A. Bruce - Cum Laude - Agriscience and Environmental Systems
- William H. Gay - MPPPM
- Thomas J. Harty - MPPPM
- Zachary T. Moore - MPPPM
- Lolita M. Munoz - Biological Sciences
- Joshua C. Neuman - MPPPM
- Sara A. Smith - Agribusiness
- Marissa R. Verdi - MPPPM
- Stephen W. Walker - Agriscience and Environmental Systems
- Xing Wei - MPPPM
- Emmily R. Wheeler - Cum Laude - Agricultural Education
Spring 2017 Graduates
- Tony L. Barnes - MPPPM
- Emily E. Braswell - Cum Laude - Agribusiness
- Ashlyn R. Brooker - Cum Laude - Agricultural Education
- Joshua L. Dawson - MPPPM
- Christina T. Garner - Agricultural Education
- Brian W. Hayes - MPPPM
- Timothy A. Holman, Jr. - Agricultural Education
- Jessica R. Lovell - Agricultural Education
- Megan L. Powell - Magna Cum Laude - Agricultural Education
- Mary M. Ramsey - Agricultural Education
- Justin S. Shealey - MPPPM
- Kenneth R. Smith III - MPPPM
- Randall K. Stratton - Agriscience and Environmental Systems
- Phillip T. Torrance - MPPPM
- Brock A. Ward - MPPPM
Summer 2017 Graduates
- Raynor D. Churchwell - MPPPM
- Stuart J. Cook - Cum Laude - Agribusiness
- Charlotte L. Meeks - MPPPM
- Michael J. Schwarz - Agricultural Education
- Lolita M. Munoz - Fall 2016
- TBA - Spring 2017
30 Years of Service
- Dana Cheek - NESPAL
- Joe W. West - Assistant Dean's Office
20 Years of Service
- Sidney Cromer - Crop and Soil Sciences
- Duncan McClusky - Library
- David Riley - Entomology
15 Years of Service
- Sherrie G. Blanchett - NESPAL
- Robert Edward Brooke - Crop and Soil Sciences
- Peng Wah Chee - Crop and Soil Sciences/NESPAL
- Esendugue Greg Fonsah - Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Lola C. Sexton - Crop and Soil Sciences
- Melissa Thompson - Entomology
- Dena Watson - Assistant Dean's Office/Crop and Soil Sciences
- Ann Wiggins - Business Office
10 Years of Service
- Bradford B. Buchanan - NESPAL
- Tracey Marie Cook - Animal and Dairy Science
- Robert Jared Evans - Field Research Services
- Paula N. Ivey - Assistant Dean's Office/Horticulture
- Pawan Kumar - Crop and Soil Sciences/NESPAL
- Edward L. Lubbers - Crop and Soil Sciences/NESPAL
Animal and Dairy Science
John Bernard - Serving as President Elect of the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientist and Past-President of American College of Animal Scientist.
Crop and Soil Sciences/NESPAL
Peng Wah Chee - Received the 2016 Cotton Genetics Research Award, recognizing his work benefiting cotton producers which drives innovations in both the science and grower communities.
David Riley - 2016 Recognition Award in Entomology from the national office of the Entomological Society of America. David Riley’s work on insect management and vegetables has earned him this prestigious award.
Glen Raines - On sabbatical to Kyushu University, Japan from August until December. Developed a course and taught "International Development" to International Students majoring in agriculture and forestry. Also traveled to Vietnam as part of project with Nong Lam University in Ho Chi Minh City. Research was centered on UAV and sensor technologies in detecting plant stress.
Juan Carlos Diaz Perez - Received the 2017 Julian C. Miller, Sr., Distinguished Research Award. American Society for Horticultural Science, Southern Region.
Tim Brenneman - Received Alumnus of the Year, Eastern Mennonite School, Harrisonburg, VA; Coyt T. Wilson Award, American Peanut Research and Education Society; and the D. W. Brooks Award for Excellence in Research, UGA CAES
Ron Gitaitis - Received the Distinguished Service Award from the National Onion Association (NOA) at the NOA Convention and Allium Research Conference in Savannah, GA, in early December 2016. Dr. Gitaitis was also inducted into the Vidalia Onion Hall of Fame by the Vidalia Onion Committee at their annual awards banquet in Vidalia, GA, in February 2017.
Katherine Stevenson - Received the Donald M. Ferrin Memorial Service Award from the Southern Division of the American Phytopathological Society (SD-APS) at their annual meeting in College Station, TX, in February 2017.
Katrina Laurel - M.S. student advised by Dr. Bob Kemerait, received the 1st place student poster presentation award from the SD-APS at their annual meeting in College Station, TX in February 2017, and 2nd place student presentation award from the GA Association of Plant Pathologists at their annual meeting in Jekyll Island, GA in March 2017.
Aparna Petkar - Ph.D. student advised by Dr. Pingsheng Ji, received a UGA Graduate School Travel Award in 2016 to attend the American Phytopathological Society annual meeting in Tampa, FL. Received honorable mentions for I. E. Melhus Graduate Student Symposium from American Phytopathological Society (APS) 2017.
Jeff Standish - Ph.D. student advised by Drs. Katherine Stevenson and Tim Brenneman, received the 2nd place student presentation award and a Travel Award from the SD-APS at their annual meeting in College Station, TX, in February 2017, and the Kenneth E. Papa Outstanding Graduate Student Award sponsored by the GA Association of Plant Pathologists at their annual meeting in Jekyll Island, GA, in March 2017.